by Penny Simkin, PT; et a
Q: My last pregnancy ended in a miscarriage. What can I do to increase my chances of carrying my next baby to term?
A: To improve your chances of a healthy pregnancy after a previous miscarriage, try to do the following:
• Have a well-balanced diet.
• Take prenatal vitamins.
• Avoid environmental toxins and infections.
• Don’t smoke or use recreational drugs.
• Avoid extremely stressful relationships as much as possible before and during pregnancy.
• Make arrangements for emotional support and medical monitoring, starting early in pregnancy.
© copyright 2010 by Parent Trust for Washington Children with permission from its publisher Meadowbrook Press.