First-Year Baby Care by Paula Kelly, MD, is the easy-to-use “owner’s manual” every parent needs. Thoroughly updated and revised with the most recent medical and baby care advice, the 5th edition includes the latest information on newborn screenings, checkups, vaccination schedules, and expanded information on nutrition; including how to prevent food allergies and childhood obesity.
Other notable updates to the book include:
- Breastfeeding advice for working mothers.
- Car seat and crib safety.
- Guidelines for childproofing individual rooms in the home.
- Circumcision – Is it necessary?
- Day care options – Questions to ask and things to look for.
- Diaper choices – Advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Environmental hazards you might not be aware of.
- When to introduce new foods and making homemade baby food.
- Monthly developmental milestones.
- Traveling with the baby – Tips and safety.
- An expanded medical care section with over 40 different emergencies and illnesses.
“The most accessible and helpful guide for the first 12 months”
—Mitch Einzig, MD; Children’s Health Care of Minnesota